The Ultimate Guide for Choosing The Best Vendors for Your Wedding
The Ultimate Guide for Choosing The Best Wedding Vendors
The wedding vendors you choose are very important. They will make a big difference in the success of your wedding, and the right vendors can make the day even more special. The services they provide is what your guests will rave about and remember most – the food, music, etc.
Yet, it’s not always as easy as it looks to choose the right vendors. There are so many to choose from – it takes a while to find the perfect fit. In this post, we will give you some of our expert tips for finding the best vendors for your wedding.
Set a Budget in Advance
We recommend setting a budget first. You don’t want to fall in love with a wedding vendor only to find out that you can’t afford their services. When it comes to setting a budget for your wedding, think about your priorities. You can always scrimp on some aspects of the wedding to have more left over for other costs.
For example, if you and your partner love food but you aren’t too bothered about flowers – you can allocate more budget towards your catering and keep the flowers simple. If you want an amazing live band, you can spend more on that and go more budget-friendly in another area.
Remember, it’s your special day so it’s up to you. Spend your money on the things that are most important to you and that will bring you the most joy.
Know What You Want
Before you start searching for wedding vendors, establish what you actually expect each vendor to do. Will your photographer be responsible for save-the-date shoots as well as wedding photos? Do you want a caterer who can cover both the wedding day and the rehearsal dinner?
Having a clear picture of what you want will help you to choose the right vendor for your wedding – and help you end up with the services that are important to you. Nothing more, nothing less.
Where to Find Vendors?
Next, it’s time to find the best wedding vendors for your needs and budget.? Here are some ideas of where you can look:
- Start by asking friends, colleagues and family members who have already been married. Which wedding vendors did they choose? Were they happy with the results? They can make honest recommendations and let you know who you should stay away from.
- Browse popular wedding magazines, blogs and directories like WeddingWire and The Knot for tips. Don’t just be dazzled by the beautiful ads, though. Take the time to research the company and find out if they’re really a fit. .
- Social media is another excellent tool for tracking down potential wedding vendors. The best ones will have their own Facebook pages, so you can read about them and see photos of the previous weddings they have worked on. (Plus, make sure to read the online reviews!)
- Do some research on Google and bookmark the pages of local vendors whom you find interesting. You can read their blogs and website content to get a better idea of their brand and personality. Some even offer free phone consults or in-person meetings.
- Attend wedding expos. This can be a great way to meet many potential wedding vendors at once and get a sense of what they are like in person.
Meet Face-to-Face When Possible
It’s important to get along with your wedding vendors. You’ll be working with them a lot and are trusting them with one of the most important days of your life. In order to get an impression on whether or not you “click” – it’s best to meet face-to-face. You want someone who “gets” your vision for the wedding and will be able to put you at ease, rather than stressing you out on your big day.
Reading their body language chatting with them in person will give you a much better idea of their demeanor. Personality is important! If an in-person meeting isn’t possible, try a Skype video chat!
If you meet with multiple wedding vendors, make sure that you let those you didn’t choose know you’ve gone elsewhere. Don’t feel embarrassed – they’re professionals and they know they’re not the only vendor out there. They would rather have a direct “no” than wonder why you never called them back.
Get It In Writing
When you are talking to a wedding vendor, make sure to get the details of what the service includes in writing. Every little detail should be itemized and accounted for so there’s no room for error. This might seem excessive, but having these details written down will safeguard you against any disputes (especially over cost!) in the future.
Before signing the written contract, check for any hidden costs or extra fees. If anything is unclear in the written contract, now is the time to ask about it – not after you’ve already signed on the dotted line.
Take Your Time
Start looking for your wedding vendors early and give yourself plenty of time to choose the right one. This is an important decision, so it’s not something you want to rush. Get to know the vendors and find the ones who really “get” your vision for your wedding. When you do, you’ll be creating a partnerships that will make your special day even more unforgettable.
For more expert wedding planning help, contact us at Travelers Q.